Friday, August 13, 2010

Acne Woes are Me

Some of us are blessed with flawless skin, I'll try and act like I'm not jealous but I'll be honest and admit that I'm green with envy. I have always had terrible skin, big pours, oily complexion, rough uneven skin tone and overall its just acne prone. I have my mom's skin, as she struggled just the same when she was my age. The only thing I really have to be thankful of is that I don't have Cystic Acne, which is the type that leaves crater indents on the skin. I really feel for people whom have to deal with this, it must be so frustrating.

As I mentioned above I have always had bad skin, I thought maybe by the time I was 24which is now that it would have died down a bit. It however only seems to be getting worse, this past year I have noticed it on my chest and progressively worse on my back. So great for summer! - please note heavy sarcasm. I'll spare the details on pictures.

I recently went to the doctor about this issue, she examined my back and gave me a sample of a topical cream called Metrogel.



Upon further research of this topical cream I came to find out that it's for the treatment of Rosacea and blemishes related to Rosacea. Well I don't have Rosacea and never have had an issue. I will give the Doctor the benefit of the doubt since she is obviously more qualified that I. I did really like this cream, from the way it goes on your skin and how quickly it really dries. The only issue is she gave me two samples that are literally the smallest tubes I have ever seen and told me to apply it to the problem area. Well that is pretty much everywhere and do you know how difficult it is to put this cream on all affected areas on your back by yourself. FAIL -Just give me the acne.


Aside from the Metrogel as a daily cleanser I have been religious on Cetaphil daily cleanser and lotion. I even belong to the online club - lame yes I realize. The cleanser has really served me well for a drugstore brand. I still have the acne however it keeps it toned down and manageable.


Along with the Cetaphil I use the Clarisonic Mia. This hasn't helped my acne but it's made my skin a lot smoother after I was my face, It really feels like I have just received a facial. Couldn't live without this little baby now.




This Monday I will be seeing a Dermatologist for the first time, I hope he can really help me by telling me how to really care for my skin and provide me with a solution that actually works.

I'll keep you posted! Have a great weekend!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I always wondered if Cetaphil was good or not.

    I never had acne problem, and barely even broke out as a teen, even with very oily skin. I've always used Neutrogena or St. Ives products back then. Now I only use Clinique's 3-step and it's been great even controlling my oily T-zone.

    Good luck at the dermatologist! Hopefully they can give you something that helps you out a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious about the Clinique 3 step system! I need to investigate it more but i heard there is one for acne. thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had an acne problem as well. I found any of the 'solutions' just made ym acne break out worse.

    I tried my own little method, and it worked wonderfully, it's just a pain in the ass to keep up with.

    Every morning I washed with the Clean and Clear gentle foaming wash, then wiped my face with the Oxy medicated pads. At night, I used the clean and clear or clearisil scrubbing wash (the ones with the beads), wiped my face with oxy pads, and then put the clearisil skin coloured medicated cover-up over any pimples or blemishes.

    Again, a lot of work, but the six months i managed to keep that up, my skin was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete