Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Favorite Products/Skin Routine

When it comes to products I am a simple girl, consider me the Andrea in "Devil Wears Prada" whom wears the Bonne Bell Cherry Lip Balm to a high class function instead of Chanel lip gloss.

I really hate adding more steps to my routine so I've always kept it minimum. Here are some products I know couldn't live without.

Number One: Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cloths

These babies are amazing, especially when you come home on late nights are JUST too tired to go wash your face. These will do the trick. Typically what I do is after I get home from work is I immediately take one of these to my face. I hate having makeup on my skin when I don't have too. This is probably because I need to always let my skin breath when I can because I am so prone to breakouts. I always however still exfoliate my face with the product featured next;




Number Two: Clearsil Daily Exfoliating Scrub


I recently just picked this up to give it a try. I LOVE IT, it's a great scrub to use everyday without being TOO harsh on your skin. It contains Salicylic Acid - 2% which is great for people prone to acne, it also smells fantastic! You do not need to exfoliate every single day, however for people with rough and uneven skin tone as well as blackheads it certainly does help. I use the Clearsil Daily Exfoliating Scrub with the next featured product;




Number Three: Clarisonic Mia

This little baby I would scrap for if anyone tried to take it away from me, it's a necessity to me now. While it claims to tighten pores and reduce the look of aging, I'll be honest and say I can't agree with those statements. It does however leave my skin MUCH smoother and softer. It's amazing, consider it like a mini facial every day! I also use it on my chest and back when I am in the shower. When I purchased it in the store the sales associate said she uses it to reduce ingrown hairs under her underarms and bikini line. I personally think that is a bit much. If I'm using it on my face I would like to keep it there, but just personal preference. The ONLY downside is that you have to continue to buy replacement heads for the brush every 3months. Because I am anal and obsessed with my skin I replace them every two. It costs about $30.00 to replace and while it might not seem much, when you are trying to save money and only spend on the basics it can be downright annoying to your budget. I am searching for other places to purchase so I will let you know if I am successful other than buy them from Sephora.




Product Number Four - Carmex Lip Stick


This lip balm is now located in my car, purse, drawer at work and on my nightstand. I use ALL the time. I love it because unlike Burts Bees it goes on a lot easier and also contains SPF which is great. You can use it after a sunburn or just for regular use. Eitehr way it's a great product, and it's been around forever, so you know it's loved.



Product Number Five: Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

This product is pure nostalgic memory for me. Every time I visited my grandparents on the lake I used this product. My grandmother has used it for years and has sworn by it. Since there is so many products that can go into your hair examples; different shampoos, moose, heat protector, straighting balm, shine spray, oils etc after continuous use a lot of the residue will get built up in your hair. I use this shampoo in between switching shampoos. I will use this once every two weeks. It strips all the residue and product out of your hair and leaves it feeling really soft and natural. I think this product really contributes to the healthy maintenance of your hair.




Hope you guys enjoyed reading this one :)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your Clarisonic experience. We have a Sonic Savings Subscription program on our website that allows you to save 20% on replacement brush head purchases. Plus you can have them delivered to you before you run out! Check it out here: http://clarisonic.com/us/shop/all-continuity-program-products.php Thanks again for sharing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete