Friday, October 22, 2010

that moment where your life is turned upsidown



Yesterday was a sad day. My eyes are puffed so much from crying literally ALL day.

I got a phone call from my best friend aka sister. She lives in another time zone which is a few hours ahead. She called me first thing on Friday morning, I already knew something was wrong, we always talk at night so immediate panic courses through my body. I call her back quickly not even saying hello but "what's wrong".

Sister - "okay I have to tell you something, but don't panic okay?"

Me- "Too late, what is it?"

Sister - "I just got back from the doctor"

She recently had a mole removed from her calf muscle that was suspicious.

Me - "What did they say?"

Sister - "That it was cancerous, and was Melanoma, and maybe has spread to my lymph nodes."

Tears are spewing down my face, chin shaking along with my hands trying to have composure over myself so she doesn't hear me (you always want to be the strong one for them), instead it was dead silence.

Me - Endless questions "Did they get it all? What's next? When are the apmnts? etc etc.

Sister - "Next week is everything, but don't worry about me"

Easier said than done. She is a REALLY positive person and thankfully has rubbed off on me. Today I feel better because for some reason I know she will be okay, there is no way I am not going to see her get married and have babies. I have decided.

I wanted to do a post on this because I know everyone can relate. It's amazing how quickly your world can be turned, where the things that used to matter don't mean a thing anymore. The thoughts you never thought you would have all of a sudden dominate your mind. You also learn really quickly whom the true people in your life are, really quickly...

Hope you all have a better weekend than I'm having.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I was just telling my husband the other day how it's crazy how we live and have moments in our day constantly but it only takes one moment to change your life or impact your thinking. Praying for you in tough situation! look at things positively... It's the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive thoughts being sent your way! Your sister sounds like an amazing woman with the attitude to get through anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies!!! You guys are so sweet!

    I agree positivity is key!! :D

    ReplyDelete